Re: gEDA-user: Examples for clever use of attributes?

On Dec 17, 2007 9:20 AM, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,

> This is OK, but for (some) resistors I should add max voltage and power
> dissipation. For critical coils I must add the exact type...
>
> How should I do this best?
> Put all additional information in comment=... attributes?
> Or should I define my own attributes like PartNr, Vendor, ...

I define the attributes - manufacturer and manufacturer_part_number. A
better way would be to define an internal part number that could map
to multiple manufacturer/manufacturer_part_number tuples. An internal
part number database is on my to-do list.

I would not define a vendor field in the schematic. You do not want
your schematic to change if you change vendors.

For specs (other than value) that you want to display on the schematic
I would probably do attributes like spec_voltage, spec_power, etc.
If you do not want to display them on the schematic I would not add
them. You could get them from a component specs database keyed off of
an internal part number. If you only have a few specifications that
need to be displayed on the schematic I would probably just do text strings.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org