Re: gEDA-user: Examples for clever use of attributes?

On Dec 17, 2007 12:36 PM, John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> John Luciani wrote:
>   An internal
> > part number database is on my to-do list.
>
> Hi John L,
>
> are you thinking of sets of names to be a part language?
>
> Like:
>
> C_10uf_10V_Z5U_0805

I was thinking of starting with some of the IPC-7351 component
category tags and adding in the missing component types.
The categories CAP, RES, IND, DIO, LED, BAT, etc. would work.
To add sub-categories I would add suffixes.

For example a 330pf 1% 50V X7R ceramic cap in an 0805 package could be
CAP_X7R-331U-50V-102T-0805P

A few other caps --- CAP_NPO, CAP_AE (aluminum electrolytic)
Cap arrays --- CAPCAV, CAPCAX, CAPCAF

For ICs maybe IC_AMP, IC_LDO, IC_74LVC138, etc. or for a unique
IC ... IC__<mfg>_<mfg_pn>. I would add some sort of package suffix code

Still a lot of details to work out.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org