Re: gEDA-user: Examples for clever use of attributes?

John Luciani wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2007 12:36 PM, John Griessen   wrote:

>> are you thinking of sets of names to be a part language?
>>
>> Like:
>>
>> C_10uf_10V_Z5U_0805
>
> I was thinking of . . . For example a 330pf 1% 50V X7R ceramic cap in an 0805 package could be
> CAP_X7R-331U-50V-102T-0805P

I like those kinds of names.  Suppose you have a database filled
with names where brief codes stand for categories, what would it take to
have the brief codes redefinable, and translatable?

I am imagining coming across others' part lists and ways to reuse them...
take your part database with its names and convert them to match the new stuff you want to merge,
merge them, then convert back to your chosen codes.

For example one way might be your ex. above, CAP_X7R-331U-50V-102T-0805P
and.... 			another:     CAP_330PF_1%_50V_X7R_0805

John

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1