Re: gEDA-user: printing out more than one schematic sheet as a ps document

On Dec 18, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Nate Lowrie wrote:

> I have searched through all of the FAQs and doc and haven't found the
> answer that I am looking for.  I have a schematic that has three
> sheets to it, say MySchematic-1.sch, MySchematic-2.sch,
> MySchematic-3.sch.  I want to print them out to a single ps document.
> Is there a way to do this?

Nate,

I do it with a Makefile:

-----
all :  Video.pdf Video.net.txt

# "Standard Boilerplate"
# Definitions to generate the drawings

S2PS=gschem -p -o $@ -s print.scm $<

%.sym.ps : %.sym
         $(S2PS)

%.ps : %.sch
         $(S2PS)

# And definitions to assemble the documentation

A2PS=a2ps -1 --medium=A4 --toc -o $@ $^
PS2PDF=ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4

%.pdf : %.ps
         $(PS2PDF) $<

# Project specific definitions

VIDEODOCS= \
	Video-discription.txt
         Video.1.ps \
         Video.2.ps \
         Video.3.ps \
         Video.bom.txt

VIDEOTOP= \
         Video.1.sch \
         Video.2.sch \
         Video.3.sch

VIDEOSUB= # no subcircuits for this project, list them here if added

VIDEOSCH= $(VIDEOTOP) $(VIDEOSUB)

Video.net.txt : $(VIDEOSCH)
         gnetlist -g calay -o $@ $(VIDEOTOP)

Video.bom.txt : $(VIDEOSCH) attribs
         gnetlist -g bom -o $@ $(VIDEOTOP)

Video.ps : $(VIDEODOCS)
         $(A2PS)

Put something like this in a file named "Makefile". It's maybe a
little trouble to set up like this, but then you can just type "make"
in a terminal window to bring your netlist and documentation up to
date whenever you need to.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx