Re: gEDA-user: Any TV repair gurus lurking?

Ian Chapman wrote:
> The last time I fixed a TV I resoldered all the joints on the nec board.
> That's the round thing on the end of the tube.  I found it by wiggling
> wires.  Try moving the wires on the horizontal deflection coils looking at
> the screen with a mirror.  Do not worry about the high voltages if it was
> not dangerous it would not be fun. After all it's only a TV not an X-ray
> machine or a WWII radar.

Umm, it is an X-ray machine, or they used to be. I haven't been inside a
TV in years, but don't the still carry X-ray warnings inside the chassis?

A TV can hurt you, be safe, and watch out for that large red wire hooked
to the picture tube. It will "jump" out and say hello to you.
--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
Ubuntu, free software for everybody. (TM)

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)