Re: gEDA-user: Any TV repair gurus lurking?

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 15:17 -0500, Darryl Gibson wrote:

> This is a very weird set of problems.
>
> RGB lines indicate a failure of the vertical amp, which the shrinking
> picture also indicates.
>
> Check the coupling capacitor between the vertical amp, and the yoke?

Thanks, will do when I've got the set open again. It doesn't seem to be
AC coupled. Do you mean the supply cap to the vert. amplifier?

This set uses an electronic H. STAT convergence control (according to
the diagram, a 110M pot between a RCV pin on the neck, and GND.

There are various other magnetic gubbins: "VM" control, which controls
some sort of electromagnetic coil around the neck, powered off B+ and a
9V rail, a rotation amplifier and coil (+15 from the flyback
transformer, regulated down to 9V).

I've got hold of a schematic:

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/sony_be3d.pdf

I found myself wondering.. could you make a schematic / layout like this
with gEDA?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,