Re: gEDA-user: libgeda build failure

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 20:23 -0700, Andy Peters wrote:

> I did the make reconfig && make install and it failed in the same
> location.
>
> Interesting, in Makefile.in, found in gaf/libgeda/intl/, a comment
> starting at line 311 says,
>
> # We must not install the libintl.h/libintl.a files if we are on a
> # system which has the GNU gettext() function in its C library or in a
> # separate library.
> # If you want to use the one which comes with this version of the
> # package, you have to use `configure --with-included-gettext'.
>
> So in gaf/libgeda, I did a ./configure --with-included-gettext and
> that did not have an impression.

I don't expect it would. The intl dir should only be built / installed
for systems which need it. Looking over your configure log, it seems
that this was detected correctly.

My guess is that your aclocal isn't finding intltool.m4 correctly.

Can you email me the output aclocal.log file from:

cd libgeda
aclocal --verbose > aclocal.log

Best wishes,

--