Re: gEDA-user: libgeda build failure

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 20:50 -0700, Andy Peters wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2007, at 8:12 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:

> > Where is intltool installed on the path? Is automake / aclocal able to
> > find the intltool.m4
>
> There's no file called intltool, but in /usr/local/bin one finds the
> following scripts:
> intltool-extract
> intltool-merge
> intltool-prepare
> intltool-update

That seems good.

> and /usr/local/bin is on the path.
>
> I don't see any complaints about any tool not being able to find
> intltool.m4, which is located in /usr/local/share/aclocal

It probably won't complain, but the symptoms of it failing look like
they might match what you're seeing.

Where is "aclocal" on the path?

Try running this manually:

cd libgeda
ACLOCAL_FLAGS=-I/usr/local/share/aclocal ./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install

> > PS. I take bets that the icons / mime-registrations won't be found on
> > OS-X. Do you happen to know how those are done? If its not too tricky,
> > we might be able to add it to the build.
>
> Ah, that's waaaay beyond my expertise!

Never mind.

Best wishes,

--