Re: gEDA-user: A few minor gschem improvements

Am Montag, den 01.12.2008, 11:34 -0800 schrieb Yamazaki R2:
> I have a few minor request/improvement suggestions for gschem.
>    1. When rotating a symbol, it would be nice if it's attributes rotated
>    along with it. For example if my default resister is vertical with
>    attribute text reading left to right horizontal and I place it and
>    rotate it to be horizontal, the attributes also rotate making the text
>    reading bottom to top, so I have to rotate the attributes to read from
>    left to right again.

You can select in gschem a whole symbol, then text rotate also. Or you
can select symbol, and then deselect text with SHIFT LMB. Then you can
rotate graphics only.

For some parts I use vertical and horizontal aligned symbols, see my
area at gedasymbols for capacitors, resistors,...

If only one symbol is available, I make one vertical aligned instance,
and one horizontal aligned instance. Then I make copies of these, so I
have footprint and other attributes right also.

Regards

Stefan Salewski