Re: gEDA-user: Bringing EPS onto a silkscreen

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:43:46 -0600
"Mark Rages" <markrages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:38 PM,
> <gdedwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm having an extremely hard time bringing an EPS logo onto the
> > silk layer in
> >
> > pstoedit looks like it has worked OK, if I open the .pcb file for
> > the logo it looks OK, but when I load layout data to buffer and try
> > to paste it into my layout I can't get anything to appear.
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Gareth
>
> I've noticed this as well.  I believe it used to work.
>
> You can work around this by opening both files in a text editor and
> copying in the silk layer.

Yes. I think PCB should have some inteligency when you past layout data
to a layout with different layer structure. It would be nice if a table poped
up with layer mapping specification.

I am now drawing outline data of boxes availabe from local store, and I store
them in *.pcb files. The problem is that when I try to load it from pcb into a
real board, it is sometimes not what I expect. It would be nice too to have
some tool to move lines from one layer to another.

--
Levente Kovacs
http://logonex.eu