Re: gEDA-user: Press release: gEDA Project and Linux Fund partner to boost gEDA/PCB usability

El mar, 16-12-2008 a las 09:37 -0500, Stuart Brorson escribió:
[snip]
> The point is that some of the work items are so large and hairy that
> *nobody* was willing to step up and do them.  Specifically, there are
> a number of internal improvements (new datastructures & clean up of
> old ones, etc.)  which must be made in the course of this work.  This
> was blocking forward motion on PCB's development, which in turn was
> limiting gEDA's uptake in the "open hardware" community.
[snip]

Now you talk about data structures, it may be worth to take a look at
some new technologies, and see if the new datastructure can support
them...

I think people alreadky know about:
	- embedded components: resistors, inductors and capacitors.
	- rigid/flexible boards.
	- microvias and buried vias.
Did I forgot anything?

Today I looked at a new technology (really impressive) which allows to
embed (solder) flip chip ICs in _inner_ layers of a PCB... and it seems
it is ready for production!

Take a look at:

http://lasercavity.com/website/frames.php?parLANG=EN&parKAT=963&parDOCID=1023743

It would be great if the new datastructure could be so flexible to
support such brand new things.... (before this I never thought a
component could be placed in inner layers).

Regards,

Carlos