Re: gEDA-user: oval holes?

On Saturday 20 December 2008, DJ Delorie wrote:
>If it were me, I'd just use round holes with sizes calculated from the
>tab sizes.  It might be a bit of guesswork, though, as they don't list
>the tab thickness on the spec sheet.  But that's because I don't have
>a drill that makes rectangular holes.

Back in the '60's, we used to have mechanical drawings on how to make stuff
like that, square holes, offset half the diameter etc stuff.  IIRC the
engineers at Martin Marietta published those.  But I never actually saw on of
those drill bits.  I read the whole thing (about 10 pages of very detailed
drawings not even James Randi could make) and was forced to use a goodly
quanity of salt to get it all down. :)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Most general statements are false, including this one.
		-- Alexander Dumas