Re: gEDA-user: Comments: libgeda and fedora packaging

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 14:04 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> > install -d %{buildroot}%{_docdir}/gEDA/
> > install -pm 0644 docs/*.html   %{buildroot}%{_docdir}/gEDA/
> > install -pm 0644 docs/logo.png %{buildroot}%{_docdir}/gEDA/
>
> > Currently the libgeda-1.4.2 doesn't place these files during the make
> > install procedure. I would like if you (as upstream) could adopt such
> > directory structure, so that every distribution would not define his
> > own.
>
> Just developer documentation. You need to "make doxygen" in that dir to
> generate it properly.
>
> We don't install it because there is no great reason to.

Also, the files you've picked out and manually installed are actually
source files for the doxygen output. If you run make doxygen, then look
at libgeda/docs/html/main.html, you'll see.

I'd suggest that you stop installing those files for future releases,
instead look at triggering a full build of developer docs. That would
need to be installed with the -dev or -devel version of the libgeda
package, not with the run-time library.

Likewise for your .la files.. it may just be a matter of splitting up
what needs to be part of the -dev or -devel package.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,