Re: gEDA-user: gerbv failure to parse sample gerber file (data attached)

       I've patched gerbv git with ineiev's patch, so feel free to just
   use git now.
       Your files do have 2 invalid lines, like ineiev mentioned.  Gerbv
   gives warning for both of these problems, although it will go ahead
   and render them anyways.  If you ever want the "clean up" RS274X files
   with gerbv, you can use the following command to output 100% valid
   RS274X code (or simply "save active layer" with the GUI):
   gerbv oldfile.gbr --output=newfile.gbr --export=rs274x
       The thermals seem to be rendering fine with git...I'm not sure if
   ineiev is using an older version?  Gerbv *should* render RS274X files
   perfectly (actually, it supports 100% of the specification, which even
   Viewmate and others don't do).  If you ever have rendering problems
   with gerbv, please report them since they are bugs.
       And, to answer your question about the GDK rendering, it's
   probably never going to get better than it is now.  Cairo is just a
   much more powerful library, and doing everything in GDK would require
   a lot of tedious coding.  Once the speed with cairo is acceptable for
   most users, then we'll eventually drop the GDK rendering completely.
   Cheers--

   Julian