Re: gEDA-user: gerbv failure to parse sample gerber file (data attached)

On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 14:39 -0500, Julian wrote:
>        And, to answer your question about the GDK rendering, it's
>    probably never going to get better than it is now.  Cairo is just a
>    much more powerful library, and doing everything in GDK would require
>    a lot of tedious coding.  Once the speed with cairo is acceptable for
>    most users, then we'll eventually drop the GDK rendering completely.
>    Cheers--

A neat feature to add here, would be a check for whether the GDK
rendering encounters any primitives in the gerber file which are known
to be incorrectly drawn.

You could either disable the GDK options from the rendering menu, or
print a big fat red warning on top of the viewer window (when in GDK
modes), so the user knows there may be trouble.

Best wishes,

Peter C.