Re: gEDA-user: Font sizes messed up in gschem on Mac OS X 10.6

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 01:54 +0100, Christian Schilmoeller wrote:
> Hello geda-users and -experts!
>
> I tried to install the geda software (release 1.6.0) on my Apple Computer (Mac OS X 10.6.2).
> As a prerequisite, I downloaded and installed the following packages (compiled from source tarballs).

[cut list down]
> cairo-1.8.8
> pango-1.26.2
> gtk+-2.18.5

Did you build this as an X11 build of GTK, or a native MacOSX build? (I
presume from the fact you get an X11 icon, that it is the X11 build).

I wonder about installing some of these requisites via something like
fink, or macports. They might patch the code, or build with particular
options.

I initially thought that something "might" be mis-reporting the DPI of
your screen, but then realised that since the fonts are not properly
scaling with the objects on the page, that is not likely to be the
issue.

I'd consider cairo as the most likely suspect, but it could be pango, or
gEDA its self causing issues.

Anyone else on a comparable Mac OS X version, with success / failure
stories?

Best wishes,

Peter C.