Re: gEDA-user: PCB line limit of 255 in pcb

globalconst.h:#define MAX_NETLIST_LINE_LENGTH		255	/* maximum line
length for netlist files */

change this number to something appropriate for your netlist.
How was this netlist created?  because it seems that there is a bug
upstream that should be wrapping the lines at 255, and i'd say the
lines should be wrapped at 80 columns to promote readability

The code does show that if the last char, without a space is a \ the
line will be continued.

snip from line 1383 of src/file.c
<<< snip >>>
if (inputline[--len] != '\n')
	    Message (_("Line length (%i) exceeded in netlist file.\n"
		       "additional characters will be ignored.\n"),
		     MAX_NETLIST_LINE_LENGTH);
	  else
	    inputline[len] = '\0';
	}
      continued = (inputline[len - 1] == '\\') ? True : False;
      if (continued)
	inputline[len - 1] = '\0';
      lines++;
      i = 0;