gEDA-user: Toporouter VERY slow?

Hi, I'm doing a layout using the toporouter of pcb. It really gives
very nice results, but it takes really very long to run (about an
hour).
Is this "normal"? If I look at the run times on Anthony Blake's page
(http://anthonix.resnet.scms.waikato.ac.nz/toporouter/), they are in
the magnitude of seconds or  a few minutes.

Is my design just too complicated, or are there some dubious settings
that prevent the toporouter from beeing faster?

Here is a nice photorealistic picture of the pcb (I love this feature
:-) ) http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3411/dotmatrixboard2topandbo.png

Regards, Stefan