Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 21:31 -0800, clif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Agreed, and I had a similar experience. I was hoping to get a review or
> just some comments on a couple of patches I submitted (3114991, 3117075).

GAH, I _HATE_ SOURCEFORGE.

Please quote full HTML links when citing sourceforge patches. I'd far
rather see a patch emailed to me ten times than have to dig around for
one on HATEforge. We CAN'T EVEN VIEW PATCHES without downloading the
damned things to local storage, FINDING them and viewing locally.

I'm so tempted to refuse to have any further dealings with patch
management until we move to something which doesn't SUCK, e.g.
Launchpad. Rant over. (SERIOUSLY THOUGH, PLEASE LETS MOVE TO Launchpad!)

(PS. As a further incentive, switching to LP might well entail going
through and having a thorough spring-clean of patches on HATEforge.)

I now fall into the same category of people who instinctively typo
Windoze instead of "Microsoft Windows". For that I feel shame, and
apologise.

(Not feeling sorry enough to s/HATEforge/SourceForge/ though!)

On the topic of your patches.. they touch the rather brittle gnetlist,
and THAT is enough to make me shy away from reviewing them.

Peter Brett might well be persuade to take a look at it.. he's braver
than I am! (One of the patches actually came up in a private
conversation a little earlier, identifying some patches we should push.)

I guess on the other hand, you've done the work, and given I don't know
enough to review it, I should also just give you the benefit of the
doubt and push the patches. (If they were to break anything, they could
always be reverted!)

Let me know what you want.. either I can push the patches unread, or
pass them to Peter B to see if he has time to review them.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,