Re: gEDA-user: new refdes_renum

Joshua E. Lansford wrote:

> I noticed that the refdes_renum does not take note
> of the slot attribute of components.

ack.
This is on my list of most useful work-flow improvements.

> It is written in java

My experience with utilities written in java is mixed. More often
than not, the application was dysfunctional because of some subtle
incompatibility between different java versions. Based on this, I
conclude, that java is a bitch to maintain in a distribution.
Even if your particular code does not expose these issues, it still
opens yet another can of dependencies.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak