gEDA-user: new refdes_renum

   Hello gEDA community.

      I have been using gschem at work to develop a PC/104+ card which
   will be used interface our line of laser micrometers to a embedded
   computer.  :-) This is my first project using gschem and I am enjoying
   it.  Btw, I am running it in windows (mwahahaha) using putty+XMing to a
   Debian machine.

   I noticed that the refdes_renum does not take note of the slot
   attribute of components.  I was thinking to myself as to how this might
   be done and I think I have done it.

   The tool attached (refdes_renum_slot) uses the same arguments as
   refdes_renum except that when it finds components with a slot
   attributes, it will pare them together and give them the same refdes.
   The tool uses the phisical location of the symbol on the canvas to
   determine which set of slotted components belong to the same chip.  If
   the tool is re-run on an existing set of documents which have had
   components added, it will again use proximity to determine which chip
   with an available slot a sloted symbol should be added to.  Pgskip and
   force work the same as they do in refdes_renum.

   It is written in java and compiled to linux binary with gcj.  Both the
   binary as well as the open sourced source code are available in the
   following tar ball:  This link should be good for about a month.  If
   this tool is valuable I wouldn't mind if it were included on the gEDA
   website.  I have not been invited yet to be a member of the developer's
   mailing group.

   http://public.laserlinc.com/temp/Joshua/refdes_renum_slots.tgz

   Cheers:

   ~Joshua Lansford