Re: gEDA-user: get-package-attribute sometimes returns "?" - ID: 3114991

> To fix it in a uniform way I think we need to standardise what we
> use as a place holder for an attribute. Sould we explicitly put
> "unknown"Â  or "?"? Unfortunitly gschem won't let you put a null string.

Hi Clif,

Since at the moment gnetlist internally uses the string "unknown" to indicate a missing attribute, so that would be the logical choice to use instead of "?" at this time.

In the longer term, I would actually quite like it to be legal to have attributes with zero-length values.  However, that would obviously be a more complicated patch.

I think that the spice-sdb backend should continue to choke on "blah=?" attributes, for now.

Regards,

        Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>