Re: gEDA-user: Hierarchy Refdes and Component Values

kai-martin knaak wrote:
Armin Faltl wrote:

In addition, I set the refdes of the subsheet symbol to a single digit. That way, the refdeses stand a chance to be
readable in in silk with a three layered hierarchy.
How about emitting only the "basename" of a refdes on silk

Then, I'd have no way to locate which schematic subsheet a particular "R1" on the layout would correspond to.
forgot to post another idea: in the course of general GUI rework, rightclick
on a component could bring up info on it, including the complete refdes,
the footprint source, XYRS values, attached nets, some of that even
editable, e.g. for precision placement of parts.