Re: gEDA-user: bugs, warts and feature requests (2)

Kovacs Levente wrote:

>> â gschem wart: The GUI prevents the creation of pins with zero
>> length. However, these pins work like a charm when done in a
>> text editor.
>
> nay

Why should the GUI discourage zero length pins? After all, the black
line is just a decoration. The sensitive endpoint is all that counts.
If the user feels, the decoration does not look nice with a particular
symbol, why should the GUI try to enforce a finite length?

>> â gschem usability improvement: show the file name of the symbol in
>> the multi attribute editor -- preferably in the header
>
> I don't understand that.

Currently, the multi attribute editor gives no hint, what object it
refers to. I propose to put the name of the symbol in the title bar
at the head of the dialog. Just like the main window puts the name
of the schematic into the main bar.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak