Re: gEDA-user: bugs, warts and feature requests (2)

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:24:57 +0100
Kovacs Levente <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 13:17:50 +0100
> kai-martin knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > â pcb missing feature: A GUI way to do FreeRotateBuffer()
> > This does not have to be driven by the mouse. In many cases
> > keyboard input would be preferred.
>
> yay! And it wold be nice to have absolute and relative moves as well.
> Like a nice little dialog with the following "move selected items
> absolute/relative x.y"

I would really like better relative move support.  When I'm laying out
a footprint, especially, I often want to move the selection (or paste
the buffer) to a position relative to some other point on the layout
(often the Mark).  However I never have success with MoveObject() using
relative moves.  The manual was not helpful in indicating what the
position offset is relative to.

> > â gschem missing shortcut: [ctrl-a] --> select all
> > This is an almost universal shortcut that should be implemented in
> > gschem too.
>
> yay

Also Ctrl-Q is the universal Quit operation but gschem has Alt-Q.

> > â gschem usability improvement: show the file name of the symbol in
> > the multi attribute editor -- preferably in the header
>
> I don't understand that.

I see it being useful to remind you what symbol you're using.

Regards,
Colin