Re: gEDA-user: Converting measurements

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 04:50 -0800, blueeagle2@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The coordinate system that is used in the *.fp files does not make
>    sense to me.  I tried converting a pad 47 mil by 27 mil into what is
>    used in the actual file, but I can't make it come out correctly.  I was
>    using a sample SOD-123 pad and converting it to mils, but what I come
>    up with does not make any sense.  Anyone have any insights on what I
>    might be doing wrong.  I am using the new style with "[" which is 1/100
>    of mil.
>    Z.K.

Also, if you want, you can postfix with a unit.. something like

1 mm or such.

I'm guessing that you might be being tripped by offsets at the end of
pads?

 __________________________
|                          |
|   +                   +  |
|__________________________|

If + are the end coordinates, you still have extension beyond that due
to the thickness of the line.

Just a guess.

--
Peter Clifton