Re: gEDA-user: Christmas wishlist

Levente Kovacs <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 18:14:27 +0100
> Stephan Boettcher <boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> <line layer="top" ends=round> 132 150 132 250 </line>
>
> I'd add a current netname to copper objects
>
> <line layer="top" ends=round netname="GND"> 132 150 132 250 </line>
>
> Or something like this.

This is fundamentally different from how PCB treats copper, connectivity
and netlist now, and restricts the flexifility of the tool that results
from how it works now.  So, that would be a separate set of changes.

The current netname only as documentation?

Anyway, a flexible format (like xml) can accomodate everything,
syntactically.  I was thinking mostly about semantics, now.

--
Stephan