Re: gEDA-user: Christmas wishlist

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 22:07:16 +0100
Stephan Boettcher <boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is fundamentally different from how PCB treats copper,
> connectivity and netlist now, and restricts the flexifility of the
> tool that results from how it works now.  So, that would be a
> separate set of changes.
>
> The current netname only as documentation?

The thing made post my previous message, is that it is very annoying when
unconnected line stays on PCB, and there is no chance to connect anything to
it. Even to the net it was formerly connected.

Other solution to this would be to let anything to be connected to copper
objects (Via, line) when it is not connected to anything.

> Anyway, a flexible format (like xml) can accomodate everything,
> syntactically.  I was thinking mostly about semantics, now.

Ok, I like your ideas.

Levente