Re: gEDA-user: How to make a foot print

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:29:24 -0800
Colin D Bennett <colin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You are not alone.  Making footprints in pcb takes a lot of practice,
> for me a least.  I have made many footprints in pcb over the past
> couple of years and still I have to refer to guidelines, if I haven't
> made a footprint for some time and have gotten rusty.

I recommend using footprint generators for the majority of the footprits. I
use the footgen.py python script.

I have created most of my footprints with the script. The inputs for footgen
can be found here:

http://git.logonex.eu/?p=library.git;a=tree;f=electronic/autolib/footprints;hb=HEAD

All of my footprints including the generated and the manually drawn ones is
located here:

http://git.logonex.eu/?p=library.git;a=tree;f=electronic/footprint;hb=HEAD

Levente

--