Re: gEDA-user: Working on a tiny schematics editor

On Mon, 2010-12-27 at 19:49 +0900, Andrzej wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Andrzej <ndrwrdck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 2:31 AM, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Some weeks ago I started working on a very basic schematics editor,
> >> compatible with current gschem file format. I am writing it in Ruby,
> >> using GTK/Cairo.
> >
> > I while ago I started my own schematics editor - pschem:
>
> Stefan,
>
> I've added a screenshot displaying the same schematic as one in your example:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pschem/wiki/Screenshots

Thanks.

Indeed I remembered something about a Python gschem clone, I mentioned
that in my initial post:

http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Oct-2010/msg00122.html

>Can you remember, some years ago someone wrote about a Python editor on
>this list, I never have heard about it again.

I was not able to remember your name or the project name at that time.
Some of your ideas seems to be very interesting, I will have a look when
more of the basic functionality of my editor works.

And here is again one important advantage of a rewrite: We don't have to
care much about breaking existing functionality.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski