Re: gEDA-user: European symbols?

   2010/12/31 Stefan Salewski <[1]mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

     But the main advantage of that shape may be, that complicated
     devices
     like
     [2]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/56/74LS192_
     Symbol.png/220px-74LS192_Symbol.png
     as used in some (german) VHDL/FPGA textbooks are available.
     I have no idea where to get a list of all that complicated pictures.

   Hi, everyone.
   Oh, those!  I recognize them now!  Those are often called "IEEE
   standard" logic symbols in the US. The only place I've ever seen them
   used is Texas Instruments data sheets, though I can see their appeal.
   They are a rich language for expressing logic.
   TI has a nice app note explaining the symbology and history of the
   standard. Apparently the IEEE and IEC have nearly-entirely-compatible
   versions of the standard. The IEEE one is IEEE 91-1984.
       [3]http://focus.ti.com/lit/ml/sdyz001a/sdyz001a.pdf
   With the library discussion of the last few weeks, I was wondering
   whether there would be a demand for this style of logic symbol in
   gschem.
              Stephen