RE: gEDA-user: Announcement : gTAG schematics released

> This mail is sent out to announce the first release of the schematics.
> They are available at:
> 	<ftp://icarus.com/pub/eda/gtag/gTAG-sch.tar.gz

1.- I have used EZ-USB parts before the company was bought by Cypress. In my first prototype I used the RESET arangement recommended by the manufacturer, which is the one used in gTAG. While this worked well for some PCs it did not for others when the USB device is left connected in the PC. Hot plugging was allways satifactory. The clue was quite clear.
We measured in those PCs (well known manufacturer) the USB supply rise time was very slow. You can fix for this PC but tomorrow will come another slower, and you have to change once again. We solved th problem using a 3-pin MAX-810SEUR-T connected to RESET, GND and +3.3V

2.- IMHO I2C bus should have an expansion port including SCL, GND, +3.3V and SDA.

Best regards

Luis Miguel Brugarolas