gEDA-user: gnetlist and hierarchy

I am using version 20001217 and gentlist generates
a segmentation fault whenver I try to netlist a
schematic with  hierarchy (I am using -g spice, but it
appeares to be similar for other formats too).
Hierarchy seems to work for gschem (I can go down into
the subcell's schematic and symbol).
In fact gnetlist seg-faults as soon as I add a pin
to the subcircuit (even if I just try to netlist the
subcircuit itself).
Does anybody have a clue what I might be doing worng?

Thanks
	Wolfgang