gEDA-user: revert file

I am using version 20001217.
I realized that whenver I load an existing schematic
(either by manually loading the .sch file using 'Open
Page') or by executing 'down schematic' on a symbol
placed inside a schematic the graphic only shows up
after manually calling the 'Revert Page' command from
the menu.
For symbols the problem does not appear to exist.
It does not seem to be a sizing problem though,
because a 'Zoom to Limits' does not fix the situation.

Is that a known bug or am I making some mistake?

Thank's
	Wolfgang