Re: gEDA-user: Compile under Solaris 9

Hi,

[snip]
>Alright, I'm trying to compile GEDA on a Solaris 9 system.  GCC is 3.3.2,
>GTK+ is 1.2.10, make 3.80.  I followed the build order out of the release
>notes(make xinstall doesn't work on Solaris, or at least my box), and have got
>ten the following to compile and work:

	Yes, make xinstall is for linux boxes only for now.  I have
updated the release notes to reflect this.  Thanks.

[snip]
>My research seems to suggest that this is an issue with the gettext library,
>so I updated it to the latest revision.  I also tried to ccompile it with
>the included libintl library.  I have also tried the "-D_INTL_REDIRECT_INLINE
>-D_INTL_REDIRECT_MACROS" to redirect the namespace.
>
>Shoudl more info be required, let me know...  Any suggestions?

	Yes, could you send my the geda/config.log and geda/config.h files?
This should not happen which means I messed something up for geda
(especially if gschem built okay).

	In the meantime, you can build geda with --disable-nls and see if
that helps.

								-Ales