Re: gEDA-user: Compile under Solaris 9

I've had problems compiling geda in the past, and the problem were
also related to gettext.  Here are my two comments:

1.  Make sure that *all* your autotools are up to date, and all live in
the same prefix (i.e. in /usr or in /usr/local).  I've had wierd
problems when different autotools lived in different dirs.

Also, once you get all your autotools up to date, it's probably wise
to do a total "make distclean" and "./autogen.sh"; extraneous config
stuff left over from early compilations can wreck your ability to
compile.

2.  You don't really need geda to run gschem, gnetlist, and the other
tools.  In fact, I've never used it.  Therefore, you can just punt, if
you want.

Stuart