Re: gEDA-user: gschem 20040111: adding component directories?

You probably need to put a gschemrc file in your local directory
(where your design lives) or in your $HOME directory.  In the file,
put pointers to your sym libs like this:

(component-library "./sym")
(component-library "/usr/local/path/to/new/sym/directory")
etc.

> With the 2003 versions, I used a symlink that pointed to a components
> directory under my $HOME dir, and any self-created parts would go
> there, and could be retrieved from there.

I guess I don't understand what the symlink did.  Was this symlink
placed in /usr/local/share/gEDA/sym/?  If this is the case, you still
needed to put a corresponding line in the gschemrc.

Note that you'll also need to put an equivalent line into your
gnetlistrc file.

Stuart