Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist gschem question about ports/page-connectors

OK,

Here's a brief how to for page connectors that generate clean netlists,
and how to modify any port connector to behave well in a flat, multipage schematic.

The standard gschem library symbols for this are:
share/  gEDA/sym/misc/interpage_bidir-1.sym   interpage_from-1.sym   interpage_to-1.sym
They have attributes like:
device=interpage_to    graphical=1   pinseq=1   pinnumber=1  pages=?
and no refdes= at all.   To this, we can add a name for pages=?   .   Add pages=MeasuredTime, for instance.
Also add net=MeasuredTime:1 and youwill get connectivity and a netlist that does not show the page connector symbol
as a component with a pin one on the netlist.  (Not desired).

So, to change any schematics made for ports and hierarchy, just delete refdes,
add graphical=1, add pages=yournetname

When using schematics made with port connectors, I was seeing netlist nets like:
MeasuredTime	JMP301-3 MeasuredTime-1 R104-2
and not wanting the MeasuredTime-1 to be in the list.

The reason is port connectors have attributes  refdes=MeasuredTime , no attribute graphical=1.  That
seems to define it as a component.

John G

--
John Griessen    Cibolo Design       Austin Texas