Re: gEDA-user: gEDA to Gerber?

> I have tried using gsch2pcb with PCB, but it creates a .pcb file that my
> manufacturer cannot understand.  Additionally, not all of the components
> in my schematic could transfer to the pcb design.

gschem only handles the first half of the process - generating the
schematics (i.e.  electrical connectivity, or the netlist).  You need
to convert this to PCB format (or some other layout package), and use
pcb (or the other package) to physically arrange the parts and
generate/edit the copper traces to implement the electrical
connectivity.

Doing this the first time can be nerve-wracking if you don't have
footprints for your parts; you may have to create them.

Once the physical layout is complete, in pcb you just do File->Print
and select gerber output, and it produces them.