Re: gEDA-user: autorouter

Hello Peter,
unfortunately I did not try the PCB...I had'nt the time to solve my Linux building problem yet.
But your pictures remind me to a problem with a windows-based progam.
There, the autorouter produces also result like this.

So I would give you two possibilities:
1st. some Programs gots settings like "prefered routing direction" - you can make here the decision like "Layer x shall prefer vertical" - "Layer y shall prefer horizonal"

With wrong settings the results seems also like yours.

2nd experience:
The autorouter (which I know) are programmed to solve complicated wiring situation.
If you try it with a simple task, the result looks much to complicated.
It seems like the algorithm can't "think" such easy.

Perhaps it is not vailid for your PCB, but results like yours Ive seen also at very "professional" and expensive programs.
It is not really beautiful, but in my mind not a bug.

with best regards
Manfred

PR schrieb:

Hello,

Did my screenshots of autorouter problems reach you?

Peter