gEDA-user: create edge connector element for PCB?

Hi, list,
  Today I tried to create an edge connector element by drawing lines
on component and solder layers, numbering them, and converting. The
resulted element dropped all pads on solder layer. I googled it seems
the problem was known by Jan, 2004. Would you please inform me that
whether it is a problem of the current version, or it is caused by my
incorrect operation. Thank you.
  The version I am using is PCB Jan. 27th, 2005 snapshot.

vax, 9000