Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist in a Makefile

El dom, 06-02-2005 a las 22:22 +0100, Peter Kaiser escribió:
> Hello Carlos,
>
> the patch works fine. Thank's for your work.
>
> the makefile shrinks to:
>
> # start simulator
> test4: test4.cir
> 	ngspice  test4.cir
>
> # create spice netlist
> test4.cir : test4.sch
> 	gnetlist -q -g drc2 test4.sch -o test4.drc
> 	gnetlist -q -g spice-sdb test4.sch -o test4.cir

Nice and clean, as it should be! ;-)

However, be careful, you are missing all DRC warnings if you don't look
at the output!!.

>  [snip]
>
> > If there are errors, gnetlist will raise an error. If there are only
> > warnings, then gnetlist will raise an error ONLY if it's in non-quiet
> > mode.
> > I mean that if you don't want gnetlist to generate an error when there
> > are only warnings, then use the -q flag when executing gnetlist.
>
> I personally think, you should separate the function quiet mode (gnetlist -q)
> and error code one in case of warning. Sometime in the future, one user will
> come up with the request: I want to use gnetlist in a script with quiet mode
> but need to stop when a warning appears .....
>
> It's up to you. I can use it like it is today.

Agreed.
In order to do that, I needed to hack gnetlist so it allows to pass a
parameter to the backend. The new option is -O. If you don't want
gnetlist returning a non-zero value when there are only warnings, you
should add '-O ignore-warnings-in-return-value' to gnetlist's command
line.

I have just committed the changes into CVS, so you can test it.

Stuart, I used and modified the function g_get_calling_flags to pass
parameters to the backend. Now parameters are appended to a list when
parsing the command line options, and then g_get_calling_flags builds a
list with all of them. I hope I haven't broken anything. Please, review
the changes. Thanks.

Regards,

Carlos

Haz tu apuesta Online y gana 20 Euros ¡ Apuesta ya con UNIBET !
http://tracker.tradedoubler.com/click?p!232&a37797