gEDA-user: Symbol "source" files

The subject of the gedasymbols repository (which is something I am
excieted about) has brought up an old question in my mind.

Most of the gschem symbols I create are done as "tragesym" source
files.  I think it makes more sense to distribute the source files,
since then the user can "build" them for whatever version of geda they
use.  if I distribute the sym file, it will use an out of date format.

Thoughts?  I think this makes sense, since we already have makefile
support in the geda-symbols distribution.

Matt