Re: gEDA-user: Question about PCB

Excuse, if I ask simple questions...
yes, I had a look into the manual, but I did not understand:

If I've got an area with pins, pads, lines, vias.... and want to fill the areas between the lines to reduce EMV - how can I do this?
If I use the polygon/rectangular tool, I will procue a short cut, because all the area will be filled.
What can I do?

The other question belongs to producing new Footprints - in SMD - in the case when I have to define pads with strange withs and distances.
If I want to generate a footprint - the old way should not be used - and the new way is bounded to the grid of the PCB tool.
So was the question: Is it possible to place elements directliy as x/y coordinates -parhaps als manual change in text-file?