Re: gEDA-user: mac os x fink packages

I cleaned up some of the directories in /sw and now fink is building the geda-bundle. If I may risk boring you with the tedium of what I think happend, then read on.

What had happened was that I had no experience with fink or fink commander and I downloaded the geda-bundle from your web page, and then I tried to figure out where to put it. It took a while before I figured out that I had to get it into /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo and then do a 'fink index'. Once I did that it showed up in fink commander, but still had problems installing from there, and fink from terminal gave me the errors I mentioned earlier. Since the permissions on /sw were for root, every time I moved find-geda to a new directory (using finder), it would ask for a password and then it would /copy/ fink-geda to the new location, leaving behind a copy as well. This means I had the fink-geda dir all over the place. Once I removed them all, leaving only /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/fink-geda, it started building. My computer is presently chugging away on the build and I will know if there was succes when it's done. I guess the lesson is that fink will get confused if there is more than one copy of fink-geda in more than one location.

Thanks for replying,

-Michael Rogers