Re: gEDA-user: gschem: How is the conversion of using Busses

Hello Ales,
Yes, had also the feeling, that all nets are global, but in the example (www.geda.seul.org/docs/current/tutorials/gsch2pcb/tutorial.html) a port-symbol is used.

This port -symbol got a net attribute (vmixre:1) and a value attribute (Vmixer).
So I thougth that it is 1. necessary and 2nd: the net attribute belongs to the "real" connection for the net (equals net-label) and the value attribute belongs to get an overview for the "reader" of the schematic.

Based on this, I would like to sum up some nets (like Do to D7) to a bus - bring this bus up to the next sheet and divide it there into the parts.

But if I understand you right, then:
* is the bus simly a grafical help for the user with no affect to the netlist?
* I do not need Port-symbol
* it is simply to label each net individual - sum up to an "any bus I like" - only to mark specially that they belongs together - thats all?

If I would connect nets with the net-attribute like D0, A1, CE - to one bus - with no net-attribute, but with a value-attribute like "Ram-bus" - and would simply draw an Arrow with a text on it like "belongs to sheet xx" it would:
1st automaticly connect to each scheet of the project with the same net-attributes, because nets are global
2nd the bus-would be used as a "grafical line wiht no effect"?

Is it correct like this?

Manfred

Ales Hvezda schrieb:

[snip]

If I use D0 to D7 for the single nets, how have I to set the "net" attribute of the bus? D1..D7 - or D[1..7] - is there any convention?

At this point in time, buses are really just cosmetic.
The netlister doesn't really pay much attention to them. It does pay a lot of attention to the netname= attributue on the nets.

Also, I do not know how I have to set the "value" and the "net" attributes of the Port-symbol, which schould make the connection to the next sheet...

You shouldn't have to do this at all, since all nets are global across all loaded schematics. gEDA/gaf doesn't use port symbols to move connectivity between sheets. Let me know if I have totally misunderstood you.

								-Ales