Re: gEDA-user: PCB Gtk port

> I understand. I think the mean of a fork ona project is something
> bad, like because a fight on the developers, and so on, but
> obvioulsy its not the case here.

Forks happen for both good and bad reasons, but they're expensive
(politically and developmentally) so it's best to have a valid reason
for doing them.  This isn't it.

> I think a fork in this case is a good think because PCB have a line
> of development since 1995 using Athenas and growing completely
> independent.

You're confusing a fork and a branch.  It looks like our (pcb's) plan
is to create a branch in CVS so we can support both versions without
disrupting our development process.  I've recommended creating a
branch for the Xaw version and put it in "bugfix only" mode, and add
the Gtk changes in the mainline (HEAD) version.

So far, nobody has offered a valid reason to fork pcb.