Re: gEDA-user: PCB Gtk port

> It's not important I'm sure, ... when Gpcb has a zoom level of zero,
> would the size of components on the screen be their actual real
> world size ?

"Would"?  No.  How would pcb know your screen resolution?  Things
would look smaller on my screen because my pixels are closer together,
for example.

"Should"?  It might be useful to try to set the DEFAULT zoom to be
close to real size, yes.  On my screen it's about 20% too big.  At the
moment, a zoom of "1:1" means one mil per pixel.

What you *can* do is edit pcb-menu.res to fill in numbers that are
close for your screen, and replace the text with "100%" for what looks
real size to you, and other scale factors accordingly.  It's editable
on purpose ;-) Unfortunately, zoom factors are integer power-of-two
fractions (4 2 1 1/2 1/4 etc) due to the way we specify zooming.  A
patch to add a floating point zoom specifier would be welcome
(preferably, look at the parameter, see if it includes a decimal
place, and if so, use the alternate method - that way you don't break
existing setups).