Re: gEDA-user: PCB Gtk port

>Unfortunately, zoom factors are integer power-of-two
> fractions (4 2 1 1/2 1/4 etc) due to the way we specify zooming.  A
> patch to add a floating point zoom specifier would be welcome
> (preferably, look at the parameter, see if it includes a decimal
> place, and if so, use the alternate method - that way you don't break
> existing setups).

Actually it is already a floating point number (has been for a long time),
it's
just that it's still a power of 2 (non-integer power of 2 is fine). Thus a
zoom
of -1.24378 is just fine.

I haven't loaded Bill's GTK version yet, but I'm very excited about it.
I can't tell you the hours I've wasted trying to implement simple things
becasue the GUI kit was so rudimentary.

A note on the netlist window: double-clicking a net-name toggles its
enable-disable status. A '*' is displayed next to the net name if it's
disabled. When nets are disabled, they are not used by the rats nest
commands. This is very useful for example if you have a ground plane
to not display any of the ground rats since the distance/tangledness
doesn't matter.

Cheers,
harry