Re: gEDA-user: Gnucap suggestion

On Thursday 02 February 2006 04:17, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> I suggest voltage and current controlled voltage and current
> sources to have value (transconductance, voltage gain,
> current gain, transresistance) of 1 if the value is not
> specified.

It should be the same as Spice, which is zero.  As far as I
know, it is.

There are many issues with the Spice format that I disagree
with, but for compatibility they remain.  It is really a
nuisance to try for compatibility with the many variants of
Spice.  Often the result is to not be perfectly compatible with
any.  There are cases where trying to make extensions breaks
compatibility, often in subtle ways that I don't find out about
until someone reports it.  There are cases where complete
compatibility is difficult due to internal differences.